Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Roasted Beet Salad with Valencia Orange Dressing

A salad that is bursting with fresh seasonal summer flavors, it's like summer exploded in your mouth!


You guys may have figured out by now, I love the color Magenta, it is my signature color! So how could I NOT love beets, they dye my hands and everything they touch magenta! YAY! Besides their awesome hue they're sugary sweet and good for me! I was inspired after going to a restaurant and ordering roasted beet salad, with orange vinaigrette and goat cheeese. I mean how awesome does that sound? Sweet salty, slightly acidic and creamy! WOAH! But when I got this salad for me, it totally fell flat. It was some roasted beets cubed and tossed with field greens and almost creamy orange dressing, that really didn't taste that orangy. Then there were no orange slices as garnish- FOR SHAME!



What happens when I order something that sounds super exiting and actually sucks? I need to make it live up to my expectations! I am a food blogger I can fuckin do that! This salad will fill you and and satisfy you with all it's layers of flavors and textures! So MY salad has sliced of beets, who the hell wants to eat cubes of beets?! I made a Valencia Orange Vinaigrette, which may bot be the correct term since there is no vinegar, just freshly squeezed Valencia Orange juice for that acidity. It also has a touch of honey for some extra sweet! I added some red onions because this salad needed for color. Then goat cheese, but not just any goat cheese, honey goat cheese!! Yes it is amazingly creamy salty and sweeeet! The for more textures I added pistachios since I am generally OBSESSED with pistachios and this salad needed more protein and crunch!

This is a salad that is crave-worthy and I ALWAYS look forward to devouring! So I hope that you guys also will give this a shot! It is pretty easy, it's healthy and REALLY delish!


What you need


1 roasted beet, sliced
1 cup fresh baby spinach
1/2 cup baby arugula
2 tablespoons honey goat cheese
3 tablespoons unsalted pistachios
2 slices of red onion, halved
1 slice of orange for garnish

For the dressing

Juice of 1 large Valencia orange
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
Salt and pepper to taste

How to make it

1- To roast beets, wash them, peel them and cover in foil, bake at 425ยบ for an hour.
2- Slice beets place atop fresh spinach and arugula
3- Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Dressing make more serving than needed for this salad so you have extra (It also tasted AMAZING in couscous!)
4- Add nuts, onion and goat cheese. I used about 2 tablespoons of this dressing in my salad.

There you go, you look all fancy and this was all easy and shit!

Nutritional Information

1 serving is all listed ingredients with 2 tablespoons of dressing!



No comments:

Post a Comment