Wednesday, August 27, 2014

White Sangria Fruit Salad

This ain't your mama's fruit salad, it has been kicked up a notch with some white wine and honey dressing for a sangria spin.


You know I don't do boring... Like if someone asked me I make them fruit salad, it wouldn't be just some fruit in a bowl. Nope!!

So you know what also has fruit? Sangria! So why not fuse the two and make sangria fruits salad. Like regular sangria with the wine as more of a dressing...
I mean who doesn't like some alcohol in their fruit salad?! It's still healthy since there is just a little bit... just a little, it doesn't count right?

I looked up some traditional white sangria recipes and the fruit they used did not thrill me. Since this is a white sangria I wanted to keep the flavors sweet and use fruit with similar textures and flavors and lighter in color more in line with the taste of a white wine. I chose peaches, nectarines, pineapple and apricots.

I then went a little wild and added some fresh ginger to awaken the senses and I thought it would also pair nicely with the white wine and it totally did! Then to add some sweetness I added a little honey as well!

BAM! Not yo mama's fruit salad!

What you need

1 cup fresh pineapple
2 apricots, pitted and sliced
1 large ripe peach, pitted and sliced
1 large nectarine, pitted and sliced

Dressing

1 teaspoon grated ginger
2 teaspoons honey
1/3 cup Pino Grigio wine


How to make it

1- in a large bowl combine all the fruit
2- In a smaller bowl whisk together all dressing ingredients
3- Toss dressing into the fruit and mix it in.
4- Serve it all fancy and shit in a martini glass!


Nutritional Information

See still great nutritional stats, even with little bit of fun added ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment