Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Apple and Sage Stuffed Pork Roast & Tips for the Perfect Roast Pork!

Pork roast has never been easier, more delicious or this elegant ever before. This pork roast has been infused with apple and sage for your fall enjoyment. Also included are the tips for the perfect roasted pork.


Getting back to basics never hurt anybody, especially a food blogger. If I am gonna tell you how to make something, I should tell you the best way to do it and not the wrong way or the way I learned how to do it.

I find myself routinely googling how to roast vegetables and now how to roast pork. All I know about it is what my mom has done. I totally love my mom and her adventurous sprit in the kitchen... but let's just say she lacks in basic execution. Like me... but now I got google and some chef friends!


Here's what I learned....

  • Perfectly roasted pork is rubbed with oil (I used Olive Oil) 
      This browns the pork and gives it a bit of a crust.
  • Pork is roasted at a high temperature for 10-20 minutes and then lowered. 
     This also helps to brown the outside.
  • If there is a lot of fat, pork should be roasted fat side up
    Seals in dem juices baby!
  • Lastly bake until internal temp is 145º
     Very Important! But once of those things I always gotta look up... so don't forget!

I asked all of you that follow me on Facebook what kind of recipes you wanted to see and the results surprised me a bit... MORE APPLE!

So I heard you guys and gals and got cracking right away on this! Not just does this have apple, but it has sage as well, freshly clipped from the garden.

What is awesome about a roast is you got food to feed a few or last a few days. TOTALLY awesome for a working girl like me. I want dinner ready for me when I get home. I really do not wanna throw together a dinner EVERY single night. Plus I got other shit to do...

So this perfect pork roast is easy yet elegant and those flavors of the apple and sage in the pork never get old. Bringing your taste buds to fall... you may wanna enjoy with a craft beer and kick back while you watch kids kick up in the leaves.


What you need

2.25 lb. pork loin
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper (to your liking )
1/2 large apple, sliced (I used honeycrisp)
5 large sage leaves




How to make it


1- Preheat oven to 450º
2- Combine olive oil, salt and pepper then rub on the pork loin.
3- Cut 5 evenly spaced slits into the pork loin (width wise), just deep enough to place in apple slices, not deep enough to cut through entire depth.
4- Stuff each slice with apple slice and sage.
5- Place on a rack (I used a baking cooling rack) ontop of a cookie sheet.
6- Roast on 450º for 10-20 minutes to brown.
7- Then lower the temperature to 325º and roast until 145º internally (measured with a meat thermometer). This can take another 50-80 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment