Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Bourbon Spiked Vanilla Quinoa Pudding

Why would you waste your time with rice pudding when you could use quinoa and make it healthier?! This recipe also spikes it with a little bourbon for fun.


You guys... I realized I've never seen a recipe for quinoa pudding. So naturally I got on that shit STAT. I mean it's a no brainer. Why have I not made this before? It's just like a slight twist on the classic and you are adding all the nutrition of quinoa and it's health enough to call breakfast....

Right?



Well I did one day. I garnished with pomegranate needs so that totally counts for one fruit serving...

I made mine with coconut milk, because I LOVE coconut. You can totally sub for real milk if you like. So quinoa pudding there you go.... but was that enough for me?

No, and that is where the 'tude comes in. I added some bourbon bitches... that's right I went there and took it to a whole notha level.

It's super easy to make too, only a handful of ingredients to a healthy dessert.


Why is quinoa so damn healthy you say?

  • Well this bitch is loaded with LOTS protein.
  • It's got like TWICE the fiber of other whole grains.
  • Quinoa also has Iron, Riboflavin, Magnesium and Lysine and MORE healthy shit.


So whatcha waiting for Sophia... give these people the recipe already!!

Bourbon Spiked Quinoa Pudding

by Sophia @ NY Foodgasm
Prep Time: 2 mins.
Cook Time: 15 mins.

Ingredients (serves 6)
  • 1 cup tri-color quinoa
  • 2 cups lowfat coconut milk
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup half and half
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp bourbon
Instructions
In a 2 quart saucepan combine your coconut milk, sugar, and quinoa on medium heat.
Let it come to a boil and lower heat, once liquid reduces and quinoa is cooked (about 1o mins.) add the rest of your ingredients.
Simmer another 2 mins, place in individual bowls and cool in the fridge.
Garnish with pomegranate seeds if desired.
Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment