Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Pumpkin Spice Late (PSL) Ice Cream #PumpkinEverything

Starbuck's notorious Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL) isn't out for a couple more weeks, but I got you covered with all those flavors in an ice cream because it's still summer!! This is the perfect transitional pumpkin dish!



Ohhh Emmmmm Geeeee Becky, look at this ice cream. I mean it's all creamy, sooo sooo creamy. It looks like better than one of those store bought ice creams... It's just soooo creamy!
Baby got Pumpkin!!

That's right guys... I got started early this year. Blame it on seasonal creep or my food blogger friend Matt. You see he rounded us up for this, more like wrangled. See the bottom for more #PumpkinEverything

I know like the whole damn world loves pumpkin recipes, but the appeal kinda died for me a bit last year.

But I got my passion back with this recipe!



Starbucks has actually changed their recipe for this year after all the Food Babe backlash over their artificial ingredients. So this year it's all natural.


This ice cream is all natural too! Real pumpkin, real spice and real coffee. But that's how I roll all the time.
I also realized this week I create my recipes so different from other people, for example some bloggers literally write a recipe before they make it... but I wing it. I generally know what's gonna be in it, just not how much.



Fun fact, right?!

So don't hate me for pumpkining too quick. I assure you it's worth it!

You're not ready for a hot drink yet anyways!! You know it!

I know you have your ice cream maker out still, so dust that mofo off and let's get it on!





My recipe is at the bottom, but here are more #PumpkinEverything recipes!!!

Ashley of Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen made Pumpkin Pie "Stuffed" Challah French Toast
Samantha of Sweet Remedy made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Ashley of Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine made Savory Pumpkin Gnocchi





Recipe



Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL) Ice Cream

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cup Whole Milk
  • 1 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
  • 1/4 cup Molasses
  • 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Spice Blend
  • 2.5 tsp Instant Coffee Grounds
  • Dash Salt
  • 5 Egg Yolks
Cooking Directions
  1. In a sauce pan on medium combine the milk, cream and Molasses.
  2. Once the milk and cream has heated, add in the brown sugar, pumpkin puree, vanilla, pumpkin spice, instant coffee grounds and salt.
  3. When the ice cream base starts a low boil, beat egg yolks in a bowl and temper the eggs by adding some of the hot liquid into the eggs slowly by stirring. (make sure you add a little at time time or the egg yolks can cook)
  4. Add mixture of yolk and ice cream base into the pot with the rest of the base and keep stirring well until it's thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
  5. Chill the ice cream base you just made in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
  6. When chilled pour it into your ice cream maker and churn at manufacturer instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment